I suggest you ...

Make the checkout with PayPal more prominent in the basket or add it to the checkout page

Lots of customers contact us because they can't figure out how to checkout with PayPay. The button isn't prominent enough, so they miss it, go to the standard 'checkout' and phone up frustrated that they can't pay with PayPal.

211 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And now that it's on the checkout page, it defaults to Paypal.
        Thumbs down.
        Boo.
        It's like there's an incentive to use Paypal....for Volusion.

• EO Web commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this happening - it has been scheduled for over a year. We are loosing customers daily because the can't find the PayPal button.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does it usually take nearly a year to fix such a major issue that should probably have an easy fix?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For now what I did was just manipulate it with CSS, adding the following CSS to Article #64:

.paypal-button {
        overflow: inherit;
        width: 200px!important;
        left: 4px;
        }
        .paypal-button.paypal-style-checkout.paypal-size-small .paypal-button-content {
        height: 30px !important;
        max-height: 30px !important;
        margin-left: 2px;
        margin-top: 2px;
        margin-right: 2px;
        width: 179px;
        padding-top: 4px;
        }
        .paypal-button.paypal-style-checkout.paypal-size-small {
        max-width: 200px !important;
        }
        @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
        button.paypal-button.paypal-style-checkout.paypal-color-gold.paypal-size-small.paypal-shape-rect.en_US {
        float: left;
        margin-left: calc(50% - 105px);
        margin-bottom: 20px;
        }
        }

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just implemented PayPal Express in my store and on the first day after implementation, I lost a sale due to the potential buyer not being able to complete the PayPal Express checkout (due to reasons described in this thread: clicked on "proceed to checkout button", Pay Pal Express checkout icon too small, not prominent, and located at the extreme bottom of the page, etc). The potential buyer sent me an email and then probably left my website in disgust. This really needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

• Les commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we've had the same issue - we finally put a notice on the check-out page telling them where to find it. Not the best solution but it is working

We are having customer complaints that Paypal express isn't working as well, but I'm pretty sure it's because they are not seeing the option. Anyone find a work around?

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Paypal and Amazon need to be in the dropdown with other payment methods -- the oddly positioned buttons are confusing to clients. So many other shopping cart solutions do this more elegantly.

• Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've suggested this a long while back. i want to say 2011? put the paypal button on the actual checkout page where the credit card dropdown is. I get the implementation aspect of the paypal express checkout button, so including it in the dropdown isn't an option.

For people really wanting paypal in the dropdown, I guess volusion didn't end up removing the regular paypal checkout version, which they were going to do initially. you can go back into settings and change it to "standard payments" for paypal and it should appear in the dropdown again. to do this in your admin area go to settings->payment->more payment types then scroll down to paypal and select "standard payments".

I also have a quite high abandoned cart rate and always wondered why. this could certainly be a factor. customers expect a seamless integration of websites these days. I also sell on ebay and amazon and the fees are higher of course so i'd love to grab more off of my site.

the buttons simply should be on the checkout page next to payment method to make it as easy as possible. I recently integrated amazon pay as well and both buttons show up on the bottom of the page out of sight where you actually have to scroll down to see it. that's not really acceptable. at the very least they should be next to the proceed to checkout/returning customers area.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? What more is important than allowing customers to checkout and pay super quickly and easily?

This should be top priority as well as fixing other checkout / one-page-checkout pages

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously how much longer? You have been working on this for 8 months! That is like 5 years in tech time. I'm sick and tired of losing multiple sales a day from people fed up with the process and who cannot figure out how to check out.

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't you just pay Brand Labs for the code? Forget about meetings, powerpoints and putting a story together. This is an annoying enough issue that customers are paying Brand Labs to fix your shopping cart. Here is an example of one that they fixed:

https://www.macofalltrades.com/ShoppingCart.asp?

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone heard any updates on this? It's high priority for us... We'd like to move both the paypal button and Amazon payment button to the top of the page! Any insights on how to get this done would be incredibly helpful!

Yes, I concur with the the thread. The Paypal button is below the fold on most screens and we have endless calls/chats to this end. Hard to beleive how difficult this is to move a button further up the page or on to the check-out.

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please hurry on this. We get this comment all the time. Customers can't find the Paypal payment option.

• Laura McFarlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this? In August (post below) you said it was coming out next week? Have I missed something, it's December and I haven't seen anything yet.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base