Volusion Product Ideas

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Last Mod date should never be blank on the Products as this information is used on the sitemap xml. Even if the field is imported as blank.

Last Mod date should never be blank on the Products as this information is used on the sitemap xml. Even if the field is imported as blank.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Potential Quick Fix  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The LastModified date should now be properly populated whether updating via tableviewer, individual product or category page, CSV import, or XML import via the API.

• Make the checkout with PayPal more prominent in the basket or add it to the checkout page

Lots of customers contact us because they can't figure out how to checkout with PayPay. The button isn't prominent enough, so they miss it, go to the standard 'checkout' and phone up frustrated that they can't pay with PayPal.

211 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Pop up windows for EVERY PAGE??? STOP them, please!!!

Pop up windows are now being used for EVERY window. "Are you sure you want to leave...?". There used to be pop ups only when I had made a change on a page and it was helpful, i knew I had an unsaved change. Now you have popups on EVERY page and it will not even let me close a page without clicking on the pop up. Then a second pop up window pops up and asks if I don't want to see this message anymore, click the box. Clicking the box does nothing except give me a second pop…

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Search Button within Product Page - Admin - NOT the grid

(Posted on Janet's behalf - Jeff R)

I'm talking about the actual product page on the back end. Once you click into a product, where settings can be updated, there needs to be a search button from this page. So we don't have to go back to the products table.
          https://www.screencast.com/t/ZN5WmGd96oxW

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  research  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Restrict users the import feature without the ability to "clear entire table (delete all records)

Hello, I have a question, is there anyway we can restrict the user to use the import feature without the ability to "clear entire table (delete all records), and replace with this import file"

It can potentially delete everything if this user accidentally selected this option.

I have included a picture showing this, please let me know asap.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Potential Quick Fix  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

When the option to ‘Delete all existing data…’ is selected when importing data on the Inventory > Import/Export page, a modal now displays with the following content:

Delete all existing data (there is no undo for this function), then replace with the contents of this file

This will permanently delete the entire contents of the selected table and replace it with your file. Should your file be rejected, the contents of the selected table will still be deleted as the first step.
              0 Yes, I am certain I wish to delete the contents of this entire table
              0 No, I wish to cancel and select another import option
              [ ] Don’t warn me again

Thank you!

• Add H1 tags to Product Names Automatically for better SEO

This is standard across the board for all the other major eCommerce platforms. Seems like a super simple fix.

65 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                7 comments  ·  Potential Quick Fix  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A new config variable has been added to the Settings > Config Variables options called ‘Use H1 Element for Product Details Title’. This will be checked by default for all new stores (and demos, once the switchover to the reskin is completed). It was left off for existing stores as many merchants have manually added H1 tags to their product pages and we didn’t want the tags to be duplicated.

• Fix it so we can again use the Marketing/Social feature to send messages to Facebook business pages.

I was able to send messages to my Facebook personal profile page via the Marketing/Social page. BUT, it failed to send messages to the business page associated with my personal profile. YES, the business page was created from within my personal profile. In fact, the Marketing/Social logs in to both just fine. Facebook just won't accept the messages to the business page.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  research  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

The issue preventing posting as a business page through Volusion has been resolved. It MAY be necessary to remove and re-add the Volusion Social application in Facebook to completely address this issue.

1: Go to Marketing > Social and Sign Out of your Facebook account via the Sign Out link.
                  2: Go to your Facebook account and log in.
                  3: On the top right, click the drop down arrow next to the lock symbol and click SETTINGS
                  4: On the left side, click Apps
                  5: Find the Volusion Social app (it may be necessary to click the ‘Show All’ link) and click the X next to it. Follow the instructions to remove the app.
                  6: Go back to the Marketing > Social page in your store. Click Sign In for the Facebook option.
                  7: A popup from Facebook will be presented to you. Select the account from which you…

• Incorrect Product Schema for Pricing

When analyzing all of my products pages, I noticed the Schema.org/price is not correct on the backend code. The Price is defined like this:

<span itemprop="price">$57.00</span>

This is incorrect.

It needs to be set up like this
                  <span itemprop="priceCurrency" content="USD">$</span>
                  <span itemprop="price">57.00</span>

A simple code fix but I am not able to do this as it appears elsewhere in a file im do not have access to. Google does not like incorrect schema and it is restricting my pricing to display properly on SERPS. Please fix this.

6 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Restrict the import overwrite option of "Clear entire table (delete all records), and replace with this import file"

Please restrict the feature of "Clear entire table (delete all records), and replace with this import file" in the import.

It is kind of dangerous if I want one of my staff to perform the batch update of the product inventory.

If he clicked this option, it will wrap off my entire data.

6 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

When the option to ‘Delete all existing data…’ is selected when importing data on the Inventory > Import/Export page, a modal now displays with the following content:

Delete all existing data (there is no undo for this function), then replace with the contents of this file

This will permanently delete the entire contents of the selected table and replace it with your file. Should your file be rejected, the contents of the selected table will still be deleted as the first step.
                      0 Yes, I am certain I wish to delete the contents of this entire table
                      0 No, I wish to cancel and select another import option
                      [ ] Don’t warn me again

Thank you!

• Sitewide HTTPS

As part of continuing SEO improvements, https sitewide is becoming more of a requirement. I believe it was being looked at, but thought would just add this here. Not many ecommerce platforms offer this, so could be a real bonus for Volusion merchants all round!

53 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        9 comments  ·  research  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature Christopher noted has been released. The config variable can be accessed via:

https://www.domain.com/admin/TableViewer.asp?table=ConfigSetup&IsASearch=Y&submit.search.x=search&FriendlyName=secure+storefront

Keep in mind that:
                        This only applies to Volusion-managed ASP files (including the SEO Friendly versions of those pages).
                        It will not automatically redirect:

Custom ASP, .NET, or HTML files that have been uploaded via FTP
                        - properly coded, ASP and .NET pages can be designed to automatically redirect to secure pages. HTML files cannot.

image files (images uploaded via the software, such as product photos, category photos, logos are not impacted by this)
                        JavaScript files
                        CSS files
                        font files

If these are hosted on your Volusion store, making sure your references are:
                        -absolute references to the secure URL (src=“https://www.domain.com/v/filename.jpg”; vs src=“http://www.domain.com/v/filename.jpg”;)
                        -leave off the protocol entirely (src=“//www.domain.com/v/filename.jpg”;)
                        -use relative links (src=“/v/filename.jpg”)

If you have hard-coded links to third party sites in your template, articles,…

• Account validation via email

I don't want to give customers access as soon as they sign up for an account. I want them to click on confirmation link before they account is valid. That allows for a quick verification of email account (and we can avoid all the scammers)

5 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

You may now utilize the Google reCaptcha on all storefront submission forms, including email subscriber. Additionally, even when not using the new reCaptcha feature, our old captcha is now present on the email subscriber page.

For information on implementing this new feature, please review this knowledge base article:
                          http://helpcenter.volusion.com/design-your-website/do-it-yourself/using-recaptcha-to-block-spam-on-submission-pages

Based on the initial comment, it sounds as if you would rather use the members only option for your store. This prevents making purchases until after you have approved an account. For more information on members only storefronts, please review this knowledge base article: http://helpcenter.volusion.com/run-your-business/other/members-only-purchasing-and-browsing

• I have made my "process orders" page as small as I can, customized my columns and I still cannot see all the columns. I have to scroll all

I have made my "process orders" page as small as I can, customized my columns and I still cannot see all the columns. I have to scroll all the way to the bottom then use the slide to move far enough right that I can see everything. PLEASE make changes to the page.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • captcha verification for account registration

We are getting dozens of spam customer sign ups every day through the new customer registration form. This is making it difficult to manage our customer database and has a flow on effect of spam details going into our MailChimp and Salesforce platforms.

Please add a captcha verification as we do not have access to change the fields in the registration form.

20 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              6 comments  ·  Potential Quick Fix  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

You may now utilize the Google reCaptcha on all storefront submission forms, including email subscriber. Additionally, even when not using the new reCaptcha feature, our old captcha is now present on the email subscriber page.

For information on implementing this new feature, please review this knowledge base article:
                              http://helpcenter.volusion.com/design-your-website/do-it-yourself/using-recaptcha-to-block-spam-on-submission-pages

• Add Search link onto Inventory->Products default grid page.

There used to be a search button on the main Products page. Now, to search for a product you have to go to the list view which is an extra step and very time consuming when editing many products.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Could you add date-timestamps to your ideas/postings?

I would find it incredibly useful if I could see when a discussion was started and when replies and/or solutions were posted in these fora. It would help me to know whether my concerns are new or have been decisively dealt with at some point in the dim and murky past.

It would also implicitly give an idea how active the discussion topic is being monitored.

Thanks in advance!

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Potential Quick Fix  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Date and time on order page

When a customer places an order online there should be a date and time stamp. Customers who use purchase order or payment other than credit card for payment, so we should be able to see when an order is created. In this example, you will see it says customer place order "Today"

0 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Coupon counter

Add a field in the coupon area that displays how many times a certain coupon has been used.

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      4 comments  ·  Potential Quick Fix  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow PNG photos to upload for product display. It is limited currently to JPG and GIF.

Allow PNG photos to upload for product display. It is limited currently to JPG and GIF.

7 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        completed  ·  Abhinav Kumar responded

You can now upload PNGs for product photos. Thanks to everyone who supported this idea.

• Change "Republic of Ireland" in country dropdown list to simply "Ireland"...

Change "Republic of Ireland" in country dropdown list to simply "Ireland" so imports into third party Shipping websites like ShippingEasy can be complete without any further editing. The USPS does not recognize "Republic of Ireland", just Ireland so Volusion passes an invalid country name into third party software via API.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

All new stores are now set to ‘Ireland’ rather than Republic of Ireland. To prevent any existing merchants who may be relying on that content, we have not modified any existing stores.

You can update this content in your own store by going to the Settings > Shipping page and clicking the link under the Ship To Location section titled ‘Edit available countries’. Scroll down to the Republic of Ireland country and click into the edit page. Change the Name field to Ireland. The ISO Code and ISPS Code fields should be left as-is.

• Add a Search Button where the Add- Delete and Share buttons are

Just add a search button when making product changes would be so much easier than having to go to another screen to search

8 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Volusion Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base